Friday, November 24, 2006

Dear Ted,

Ted Rogers Jr. pictured here is a man you know, or at least you should. Most of you reading this pay him hundreds of dollars a month - A MONTH. And what does he do for you? He provides you with grief, headaches and as mentioned a smaller bank account.

Dear Ted... may I call you Ted? Never mind, for $200+ a month I'll call you Ted (enter Teddy KGB Russian Accent from Rounders) "...Venever Za Fack I pleese". "Dear Ted" will be a regular post here at T.I.C.S. , updated from time to time as a way to tell the world what is currently wrong with the Rogers Corporation.

Now because of the fact that Rogers owns basically everything Canada has to offer, there will be some of you who work for Rogers. Perfect! All the more reason to complain about why you hate them. So in the comments section, vent. Let us know what is currently bothering you about them, and the next time I think of something, I will formulate a new "Dear Ted"

Allow me to start:

"Dear Ted" - 20 Million for Frank Thomas? Hey I have an idea, pay me 300,000 grand for that same time frame. I'll play just as many games, and probably hit for the same average.

"Dear Ted" - If I ever meet that snivley nosed stool pusher that you call a customer service representative, you know the guy: "I'm sorry I didn't catch that" or "How can I assist you" - He's as good as dead... DEAD!

7 Comments:

At 1:53 p.m., Blogger Rob said...

Dear Ted: Could you please track down the little brat that enters the program names and descriptions into the digital cable guide and explain to him how the PVR function works? You see, everytime that little punk decides to switch the listing from "Studio 60" to "Studio 60 on the Sunest Strip" to "Studio 60 [HD]" my PVR thinks it's an entirely different show - and even though I have selected "record all episodes" it won't record it. Really Ted, it's such a simple thing...

 
At 2:58 p.m., Blogger Harris said...

Dear Ted or TeRo as you are known around the office:
Let me be the first to say, thanks for 4 great years. After a valiant effort, it appears I will not be around for a second term. This is not to say I did not have a great campaign or raise enough funds, I guess I just didn't have that video game pizzazz you need for the future of your fine establishment.
So thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to doing business with you in about 15 years when I purchase the "Harris Centre"

 
At 11:34 p.m., Blogger Brian said...

Dear Ted: I'm getting a lot of wrong numbers. Any comments?

 
At 2:47 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

Rob, I've been obsessed with your comment since you posted it. I set up my weekly record list, and yet not all shows record, figured minor glitch (Dear Ted: FUCK YOU), anyway, I'm thinking thats what it must be. Argh!

 
At 5:06 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

Dear Ted, another PVR related problem. Why do you stop recording exactly on the hour, when the show goes past the hour? Can't you work closely with the cable company and figure out what exact minute the show ends, so I can stop missing the last 1 minute of Heroes each week? Oh wait you are the cable company.

I should be able to record until 10:05 if I choose...rather that record the entire hour 10-11 just to watch 2 minutes. Get on that will yah douche bag? Thanks.

 
At 5:50 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

Ted just phoned, showed me where to edit the time, now I still have to do that for each recording, but its better than it was.

 
At 10:21 a.m., Blogger Rob said...

And Greg beware - when you edit the recording time for a show that you have selected "Record All Episodes" for, you actually have to go in and manually edit it each week. Next week, it will simply revert back to the same 10:00-11:00 programming.

One a good cable side note - if you haven't discovered HDNet on 541 yet, check it out: lots of crap programming, but tons of good concerts many times through the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home