Monday, November 20, 2006

Save The Cheerleader...

For starters, I’m in favour of saving all cheerleaders. You can say I’m “pro-cheerleader”. If cheerleaders formed a union, and held rallies, there would be a good chance I would be in attendance, and / or accept their invitation to be a guest speaker. Perhaps even sing rally songs: “How many road games must a cheerleader walk too”. But that is neither here nor there. There is one cheerleader in particular who needs our help.

Save The Cheerleader…Save The World.

Her name is Claire Bennett. Claire just happens to be the key to prolonging human existence. For those of you who are wondering what the fuck I’m talking about, and wondering exactly how sick I actually am, I’m referring to this seasons #1 new television show, Heroes (NBC, Mondays @ 9pm, PVR necessary for MNF watchers). It's a pretty cool website, click the link and check it out.




Background:



Heroes is a television show based around the fact that among us, “Heroes” or as some may call them mutants live freely, each very similar in appearance but containing special powers. Some may refer to it as NBC’s version of X-Men, but for the most part – our star characters are much less conspicuous then the X-Men. Our heroes are all only recently discovering their powers – the reason for such is they must learn their powers in unison, and unite as one force to combat Sylar, the main antagonist who we’ve yet to be formally introduced. It appears Osama…oops, I mean Sylar finds a way to set off a nuclear bomb within New York City and change human existence. Why would he do such a thing? Why not. You see Sylar appears to have many abilities, a combination of all of the current hero’s abilities, except one – Claire’s.

Save The Cheerleader... Save The World

So here we are, just in time for November sweeps, we find out the fate of our cheerleader friend Claire – for now. Why is she so special you ask? Her ability is much simpler to understand then most, except the guy who can fly that’s not too tough to grasp – you see Claire can not be injured, or killed, at least by any known force. Enter Sylar. If Sylar can acquire Claire's ability, presumably by killing her, the little bitty nuclear bomb can’t hurt him. Ooooh! I get it now.

Why Do You Care?

For a #1 show, I don’t know anyone who’s watching it. It’s one of those shows that would make for excellent water cooler chat. Is that still a saying? Anyway, I’m in for the long haul now – and although it’s about as badly acted as any show can be – I’m in. And thank goodness that somewhere, even though I don’t know anyone, someone’s watching this show. After “Smith” got yanked after it's marathon 3 episode run (I can’t wait for the behind the scenes DVD Box Set), and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip's inability to find a devoted audience, I finally found a new winner. I’ve heard people who actually own PVRs saying I don’t have the time for a new show. Well to that I say bullshit. You’re simply not trying hard enough.

Save The Cheerleader... Save The World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home