Friday, December 01, 2006

LasikMD & ME - Update 2

It was only last Wednesday that I hired someone to shoot laser beams into my eyes. And since then things have been good, great actually. Today was my mandatory 1 week check-up, part of the "ensure we didn't fuck up" segment of the 1 year policy I signed. I arrived for my appointment 40 minutes too early, oops. I barely had time to help myself to the complimentary coffee before I went into the check-up office. Apparently using both eyes is too easy for me, so I had to cover my left eye (my stronger eye) and read the 20/20 line, no problem! I could have taken a stab at the 20/15 line, but why look like an idiot...uh Q, 9, a smiley face, and an apple! So I covered my right eye, and was able to better clarify the 20/15 line, turns out it was best I didn't guess with my right, there was no apple. The good news for me is that I don't have to walk around choosing whether to cover one eye or the other, I'm able to utilize both of their assets at once, meaning I do in fact have slightly better than 20/20 vision. I wonder if someone should create a TV show called "20/15 We're Slightly Better Than The Other Guys". Anyway, The most common side effect from this procedure is very dry eyes, like wearing your contacts in the shower dry (for those that know the feeling) something I have for the most part avoided. A few drops here and there, some eye gel at night, and Bob's your cousin's father. So all in all I would say after a full week things are great. Every night when I go to bed, and I'm seeing clearly, I'm always releived I don't have to go through the process of removing my contacts. One less thing to do before hitting Zzzland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home