Sunday, December 17, 2006

PS3 vs Nintendo Wii

Caught up in the hype of the new video game system launches of late? Me either. But it's difficult not to notice those who are. In fact I recall some people lining up for an entire week outside of Best Buy's or Future Shops for a chance to be the first to own the new Sony release the Play Station III. I actually heard of a few Toronto men who hired the homeless to wait in line for them, bringing them soup, coffee and money from time to time, to avoid the elements, yet reserve their spot in line. And I say, kudos on the entrepreneurial spirit!

Anyway the point to this post is the Nintendo Wii has made a big splash in the market, outselling the PS3 an impressive 3-1! With that said however, Nintendo is receiving devastating news with their new controller wrist straps. Apparently, and not surprising, drunken teenagers (and other demographics) are letting go of the motion controlled controllers during excited golf drives, baseball homerun derby swings, or vicious cross-court forehands in tennis. The Nintendo Controllers wrist strap, put in place as a caution in case of such events, are snapping. Meaning there have been several reports of the Wii controller flying into, and breaking your television set. Sweet. Nintendo has agreed to recall millions of controllers and better secure these wrist straps...oops

As a PR move to reclaim their stake as a more affordable, more fun gaming system, I fully expect Nintendo to shell out the 1 Billion Dollars to run this advertisement during this years Super Bowl (New Orleands vs San Diego). I don't know about you, but this commercial seems to capture my attention...I want a Wii. Oh right if I get one it will break my TV...ah screw it I want a Wii!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home