Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Two Scoops

Raisin Bran recently launched one of the all-time best Brand Campaign ideas. And I bet it was created something like this:

CEO: Okay, nobody's buying Raisin Bran, our Marketing Sucks!

Yes Men: Yeah it sucks!

CEO: Well, what are we going to do about it?


Yes Men: Yeah, what are we going to do about it?

CEO: Anyone?

Intern: Well, when I was 5, I remember the 2 Scoops commercials, perhaps we can go back to something like that. In fact, lets re-use those commercials. Save millions.

CEO: Good Idea! Everyone but you step into my office.

Yes Men: Why?

CEO: 'Cause you're fucking fired!


Admit it, these are excellent. I'm not sure they'll re-release the one with the Soviet Mafia U-Boats, but Danny McGee is a classic. And is on your TV Set now. Sorry about the poor quality.



Danny McGee


In The Navy

2 Comments:

At 3:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another reason you won't be seeing the second one on Canadian TV again anytime soon is that I'm about 90% sure that that one was American while the Danny McGee one was purely Canadian. The American and Canadian campaigns both had lyrics emphasizing the "Two Scoops", but the tunes were different.

 
At 9:33 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

Yo Steve! Thanks for the heads up. I do however remember the "boat" version as well. Perhaps I saw it on a US Television channel however, in between 7:30 am "Smurfs" and 8 am "Masters of The Universe".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home