Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow Day - Memories

Well I asked for it. 2 weeks ago I said "Where the Fuck is Winter?", and today, in all it's miserable glory, it arrived. Traveling no more than 50 kph on the 407 today, 90kph less than usual, I arrived on time for work. Not coming to work? Everyone else I work with. So I'm going to have a pretty quiet day around the office, getting things organized for a very busy next week - 3 programs all come together at once and will require presice knowledge to organize, and since I run these programs that person is me. But I will be lying on the Beach in the Dominican Republic, thinking nothing of the job I left behind for a week. Sweet.

Anyway, the point to this post is to relive some of the best "Snow Day" memories. I know a lot of you experienced the "Ice Days", and although that was a little extreme, I bet still fun.
Me - I actually liked going to school on these days. There were 40 kids in the whole school, 30 of which bugged the teachers to play floor hockey, that usually worked and killed 3 hours of the day. The rest of the day was spent playing various board & card games, chess, euchre, asshole... Better than a day at home watching Price is Right and suffering through that 12 - 3:30 pm stretch where nothing was on.

Anyway although I will get some work done today and I will probably not partake in a floor hockey tournament, there is an element of fun around the office. Only if it's because today, the kids rule the school.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 p.m., Blogger Vone said...

Snow days were awesome. I have a very similar memory of only a handful of kids in the school and a few teachers so we played in the gym all day.
But the days off - when the snow banks drifted 10 feet up the side of the house (I'm from Winnipeg right) - were also cool. We used to make the best snow forts.

 
At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

Back to normalcy today, except with the white stuff everywhere.

I even parked in the garage - something I wish desperately I did Sunday night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home