Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Year in Review: Part II

In part two of my yearly recap, you will learn a little more, perhaps too much, about one of my quote "Man Crush's". Most of you may know about Jeff Probst, but like many 13 year old girls, and most 50 year old women, I love me some Jon Bon Jovi. Not sure where the fascination comes from really, perhaps since it's one of my Brothers favorites as a kid, I simply became a fan via osmosis. Or perhaps JBJ just seems like a cool dude who made it big doing what he loves, and made some fun music along the way. Can you go to a Karaoke Night without someone attempting one of these tunes? Either way, on January 30th, I made sure I was amongst the crowd at the Air Canada Centre for the "Have a Nice Day" tour. It was also the exact same day Richie got the boot from Heather - such drama.

Liz and I pose for a nice picture while at the concert. Did you know our very first date was at a concert in this building? An Our Lady Peace concert that I won tickets for from the Edge.

PS - That's my "I'm done with work, about to be unemployed, fuck shaving look".

Yup. That's right. This is the very set list the band used. In fact it less than 10 minutes before it got into my hands, was in the hand of Jon himself. I didn't even have to throw my panties on stage to acquire it. As for the girl it belonged to sitting beside us, that's another story.

Now, before you post and make fun of me (remember I do have incriminating photos), I dare you, just dare you, not to sing the remainder of this song once it ends. If you can honestly not sing the next few lyrics, then post away.

10 Comments:

At 10:55 a.m., Blogger Deb said...

I'm glad to know that Vone, Kelly and I aren't the only closet Bon Jovi fans. Damn that concert was awesome!!
(A sign that Bon Jovi's fans are getting old..there were the 3 of us at the concert, Kelly and me were pregnant and Vone was a new mom!)

 
At 11:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

JBJ Rocks!! We are no closet fans - wide open for the world to see!

We were there too (our second concert of his) and we had kick-ass seats - almost could reach out and touch him when he came to the side wings.

 
At 8:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all sad sad ppl...

 
At 9:29 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

I honestly believe even the JBJ Hating Sara...no H continued to sing the lyrics from the video.

It's okay Sara, accept your true feelings.

 
At 11:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously all, Jon Non Bon Jovi sucks ace. Anyone who guest stars on Ally McBeal to kick start a slowing career is highly lame or just high. (Please see Robert Downey Jr). I cannot wait until Mr. BJ is dead not alive.

 
At 11:20 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

And we now have a nomination for nonsensical rant/reply of the year!

You know what's lamer than guest starring on "Alley McBeal"? (You know what's coming don't you...)Being the DUDE who references Alley McBeal 5 years after it's cancelled.

Yup, you really made me feel stupid. Ha!

Rock on JBJ - ignore this guy.

 
At 11:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, please take off your Jovi coloured glasses? The guy is a wash up. Sorry I had to reference A. McBeal, it was a 5 year old reference I admit, however it was just the last time I heard ANYONE say something positive about your boyfriend...well other than you of course.

 
At 11:32 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

And the maturity goes out the window:

You wanna know how I know you're gay?

You watched Alley McBeal willingly!


You still wanna know how I know you're gay?

You wear tight leather pants with the ass cut out and a sign on your back that says 'entrance'.

You still wanna know how I know you're gay?

Bon Jovi told me you were hitting on him one night, and he was all like "Dude I'm straight, I love the ladies", and you said "But I love you", and he was all like "Security!", and then you proposed to him. And he said "No thanks weirdo".



That's how.

 
At 11:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not going to dignify that with a response...ah crap, I guess I just did. So now that I am here. Ultimately this is your blog and you are going to have the last word...so I will leave on this note and this note only. Bon Jovi eats ass, you eat ass and your blog posting praising Jon eats ass. If anything was an indicator of one's homosexuality please head to www.thoughtsincyberspace.blogspot.com...
that is some great gay material.

 
At 11:47 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

You should know, you just became the all time leading commenter. Fag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home