Thursday, April 26, 2007

For Sale: My Career Path


For Sale By Owner

Current Career Path, 5 years old, great foundation and in perfect working order. Very few kilometers and pretty much only summer driven. Owner simply wants a change, there is nothing wrong with this product, just not for me anymore. Taking best offers or unique trades


If you know anyone who's interested let me know. As good as a job as I have now, and have been fortunate enough to have great jobs since exiting 18 years of education, I've grown tiresome of the grind, the 9-5 that I set myself up for from day 1. So I'm getting out, very very slowly.

I have enrolled into the Ontario Real Estate Association and am training to get my Salesperson License. There are 3 phases to the entire program, each with an A/B/C Sub Phase. I took my Phase IA Exam Online last Saturday, and nailed perfect score... (okay I got one question wrong, but you're never gonna know the difference so perfect score it is) Yeah! Phase IB is more Real Estate History and Theory, I plan on taking the 1B Test this weekend, and then leave myself 2-3 weeks to learn phase IC - The beginning of many mathematical training sections. Value Equations, Appraisal Formula's, Mortgage Calculations, Factors, Decimals, Cross Multiplication... and I'm excitied! I've always loved and excelled at math - simply perhaps because in theory it's easy; you're either right or you're wrong. No interpretation. Fun stuff.

Phase II and III are both in-class sections and are going to be very time consuming and difficult, much more so than the 1 Month Phase I Online Portion. I'm going to continue to work while doing the course, then slowly transition into becoming a full time Real Estate Salesperson. At least that's the plan, this is all very new, and am unsure what lies ahead.

I write my Phase 1 Final Exam on May 26th, I'm planning on moving it up to May 19th to avoid being in a classroom the Saturday of a long weekend. (PS Ryan Passes the who's paying attention test!) Wish me luck, stay tuned. Lots more excited / nervous info to follow.

10 Comments:

At 1:18 p.m., Blogger Vone said...

Good luck with it all. You'd make a great agent.

 
At 3:38 p.m., Blogger Jennifer said...

Very exciting Gregger!! I think you would make a darn good real estate agent! Good luck!

 
At 6:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the West side?

Capn S

 
At 6:54 a.m., Blogger Ryan said...

Sounds like fun.

Just so you know though, the long weekend in May is the 19, 20 and 21 so changing your date will actually defeat the purpose.

http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/jfa-ha/index_e.cfm

 
At 9:06 a.m., Blogger Deb said...

Wow, exciting news! Good luck with it all...You'll be damn good at it.

 
At 9:51 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Ryan - An extra week of procrast...Study!

 
At 3:49 p.m., Blogger Rob said...

Dude, I think this is a great choice for you - way to have the balls and motivation to pursue it. I think you'll make quite a successful agent!

 
At 5:19 p.m., Blogger Harris said...

Good for you bro...you'll be a great sales agent...in fact you could sell stink to a pig, Jew to a Nazi, Soap to Brian, pretty much anything you put your mind to you have done...best of luck.

 
At 6:54 p.m., Blogger Kate From England said...

"Jew to a Nazi" - wow!

 
At 8:34 a.m., Blogger Sara said...

Awwwww - now you're gonna become rich and important and leave us mere mortals behind!

Kidding - you know you'll be great, you cocky sonofabitch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home