Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Piece of Shit - Part Duex

Well, just got "The Phone Call", and to be honest not as bad as it could have been.

Option 1 - I need a cooling fan. This model computer goes through cooling fans like the hamburgler goes through bars of soap - it's inasne! So that's a quick $28. On top of that $28, I need a new AC Adapter - the good news, it's only $72. What happened to the $199.99 the front desk jockey told me I would need to pay. Don't care, thats good news. Now to the main problem, the AC contact has been disconnected from my muth'a board. Hmm, wonder if thats why the connection was loose and I almost killed my family and neighbors... Piece of shit. So to solder that back into place will be 2 hours of work by some sort of licensed Heart Surgeon / Lawyer / Electrician combo at $80+ an hour.

Grand Total Option 1: $260.00

Option 2 - Drop it off of a tall building and buy a new computer. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the exact specifics of this option, but it may as well of been. New Motherboard, new fan, new car smell, it's not worth it when you can buy computers in vending machines nowadays.

So that's that, now get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home