Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sad News: Fez Part 2

This afternoon in what was inevitable yet still very difficult to comprehend and accept news, our little guy Fez passed on. Liz was at home with him when the time came, but not before one last moment of quality time cuddling on the couch together. Also luckily, just yesterday I had one of those lie in the grass and stare at the clouds moments with him... it's as though Liz and I each knew something was up and the time was drawing ever closer where those moments become only fond memories, so we racked extra up as quickly as possible. He's already greatly missed, and your well wishes dear readers I believe added the extra month of time with the greatest dog ever - so I thank you for them.

I said it in the last post, but it turned out to be very true - and I'm glad; Knowing the countdown was on, as horrible as the news first hit us, was a blessing. Fez visited his family and friends and even ate 3 boxes of treats!, and it made the goodbye process much easier to accept. Today's news is sad, but we've been preparing for this moment, and knowing Fez is no longer suffering in any way is also greatly rewarding.

Taz and Fez, after a pretty extensive "feel out" process (aka hatred) actually became pretty good buddy's the past three weeks. So much so that I think Taz greatly helped out with Fez, almost as much as he did Mom and Dad. Now hopefully Taz will remember how good a dog Fez was, and post terrifying puppy phase become as enjoyable of a family member as the Fezzer was. I bet he will. Litte Tazzy seems to miss his buddy right now too.

Liz and I are holding up pretty well, as good as can be expected, we've had a big head start through the mourning phase. It will be a bit longer of course, but we're already starting to embrace the wonderful memories and good times phase. And we're blessed that in less than 3 short years we have more than a lifetime's worth. Rest In Peace little buddy. GL&T.

3 Comments:

At 7:09 a.m., Blogger Sara said...

I'm so sorry to hear that guys. Fez certainly was the best damn dog ever. I'm glad that he's not suffering and that he had an enjoyable, treat-filled last month. He certainly deserved it.

We'll all miss the little guy and remember him very fondly.

 
At 9:19 a.m., Blogger Deb said...

I'm so sorry guys. We'll all miss the little guy.

 
At 9:43 a.m., Blogger Jennifer said...

So sorry to hear the news - hang in there G&L.

Oh Fezzer - as you know I don't like dogs but Fez was an exception and I will really miss him too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home