Wednesday, May 23, 2007

SW: Penguin Rant

After posting my Summer Reality Bites bit, I realized I had a few angry comments from my readers, and I've left you without my vast knowledge on anything and everything for a while. So here's something to chew on:

Whats the deal with Penguins? March of the Penguins was well made, and really opened my eyes on the struggle that the Emperor Penguin must endure each year in the Arctic (Insert Golf Clap). I'm also one of the 93.7% that upon hearing Morgan Freeman speak (the movies narrator), I stop what I'm doing and listen. I sure hope he's the voice that follows the emergency broadcast system announcement if it were ever not actually a test. Morgan Freeman as Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding would really get that percentage up. What was I saying... oh right, fucking penguins... well not "Fucking Penguins", but fucking {space} PENGUINS!

Like 20 movies since 2005 have either starred or featured the Penguin. Happy Feet? Common the Penguin can't even fly - what kind of a gay bird can't fly? Are there fish that can't swim? Amphibians that don't amphibian? Pigeons that don't shit on my car? Cats that don't sit there and do fuck all? NOPE, there is not! So movie makers make the gay penguin that's right...dance! Oh and Surf in a new movie called "Surfs Up" opening up sometime next week. I'm not sure when the time of the first airing of that movie will be, but my guess is it starts somewhere deep into the 14th minute.

I guess what I'm saying is now is not the ideal time to invest in Penguins.

4 Comments:

At 12:45 p.m., Blogger Jennifer said...

Just for the record - Happy Feet is a really good movie!

 
At 10:34 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

What's with the random hatred towards penguins? What did they ever do to you?

And shut up - I know you're DYING to see Surf's Up. It's a cartoon movie - right up your alley...

 
At 12:10 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

SnH as much as I love the animated feature I think I'll let this one slide.

A rat that cooks gourmet food on the other hand... Tickets already purchased.

 
At 1:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm shocked at your post...how can you NOT love penguins? Movie or real? The way they waddle around, it just makes me want to steal one of the little cuties from the zoo and take it home to play with!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home