Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Canada Day - Early




Canada Day is always a great weekend. Normally something fun is planned; Camping, Cottage, Partying, Outdoors & of course the extended weekend! It's the first long weekend of the year where the weather is guaranteed to cooperate for the most part, and the weather is so nice in late June that being inside at work is finally starting to get to you. So, once again I'm going to take full advantage. I'm heading down to the Cottage this year with several goals, all of which fit the bill.

- Eat awesome food, especially some hot off the BBQ
- Drink lots of wabblies, Caesars, Brew & Vino are on tap.
- Improve my Bocce Ball skills. I'm pretty much able to compete in most things, but the winners circle in Bocce for the most part has eluded me. Off Road Bocce on the other hand, forget about it, that I can do, but the more standard variation is tough.
- Poker: If you can believe it I haven't actually played a variation of Poker in a very very long time. My Parents and friends this weekend will enjoy some shuffle up and deal moments. Perhaps on the Patio enjoying some of the other points above.
- Games: In general, some Sequence, Euchre, Spades, Clue, Rack-o, and of course bocce and poker as mentioned. I don't expect to squeeze them all in, but any of them would be a blast.
- Camp Fire: Ooh yeah. Maybe even some marshmallows.
- Relaxing: After my last post some R&R without chugging around the bases is part of the weekend prescription


The one point missing from above is something that I am looking forward to the most. I would actually currently call it a growing hobby of mine, and I fully intend to grow this hobby pretty much into an obsession the same way some guys get crazy about golf, this will be my vice; Fishing.



Bass Season opens on the 4th Saturday of June, and last weekend was it. Meaning this weekend will be filled with feeding my addiction. I have a very difficult time getting up in the morning for most anything; work, school, and even to a lesser degree golf. But I'll tell you what, 5am can't come soon enough when it's time to jump in the boat and hit the water. It will not be long into 2008 before I buy my very own boat/trailer, but for now my Dad has a very serviceable boat and 9.9hph that will get me to those bucket mouths and fill my stringer. Funny thing is, I don't much care to eat fish, and would say I'm 100% catch and release - maybe that will change over the next few years as well, but for now, I'm looking forward to the thrill of the hunt. I can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful Canada Day to all out there.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 p.m., Blogger Sara said...

Hmmmm ... I'm looking forward to it to - for the following reasons...

1 - watching and listening to y'all get ridiculously rowdy on wobbly pops while I drink my non-alc Becks
2 - my brand-new floaty
3 - SEQUENCE (don't forget it or I will turn around and leave)
4 - blueberry pancakes
5 - teaching Taz more on how to best become a 'water dog'
6 - kicking your ass at bocce - you will not prevail Cory - your ass is grass...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home